Saturday, December 23, 2017

A Winnie!

A long time between posts, that is for sure.  But - rest assured dear reader, I am still (Stubbornly) at work with the task of selling my screenplay.

The past few years have seen a lot of screenplay competitions.  I always make the first cut, but never the finalists.  I believe it's because the people that award the laurels think kid-friendly movies are not marketable.  That is bullshit.  Kid movies always sell.  I could go off on a tangent right here about everything that comes out of Hollywood now is a remake of an old blockbuster, a sequel or a prequel of an old blockbuster, or just pure crap.  But that is obvious to any moviegoer and I will let it rest at that.

I entered the EQUUS film festival and won first prize - a Winnie! - for Screenplay - Literary.  A poser to me because aren't screenplays by definition literary?  First thing that happened is that my copyrighted screenplay got published and is available on Amazon.  So, that's a foot in the door, dear readers!

Also, I was contacted by one of the EQUUS staff who has expressed interest in optioning my screenplay for 18 months!  She's meeting with her attorney today and will phone tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment