Monday, May 30, 2011

The Wonderful Raven

With all of the preconceived notions of rotten, horrible Hollywood-type people ringing in my head, I called Raven with no small amount of trepidation. Gulp.

What a wonderful person she turned out to be!  Raven wanted to know (1) how I knew her friend, the technical advisor; and (2) what my screenplay was about.  I told her.

She loved my screenplay idea!  Asked me to send her a copy!  Promised to get back to me with comments!  Was she for REAL?

She rattled off where specific plot points should be in the pages of my script.  For example, all the main characters should be introduced by page 10.  (For the record, mine all came in focus on page 12.  So close...)

So, she asked, who do you have in mind to "attach" to the screenplay? 

More Hollywood-speak!  "Attach" means getting talent to sign a contract for the screenplay.  Oh - and "talent" could be actors, producers, directors - any Name that will attract Prospective Investors.

I told her.  She was impressed!  No one's thought of attaching Her (my lead character) to anything yet, she said.

Oooh - starting to feel really, rilly giddy. 

Then the other shoe dropped. 

Raven asked what steps I had taken to market my screenplay.  I told her and she laughed.

No wonder you've had no luck, she chortled.  Here's what you're going to have to do...

No comments:

Post a Comment