Sunday, June 19, 2011

The Big Seminar, Part I

Stubborn Blog readers, let me apologise for the two-week lapse in entries.  I've been on vacation.

Sooo, to continue, the date for EL's seminar drew nigh.  And we went.  It was in Beverly Hills.  Just when you think you've seen it all - and I thought I had, since I live in Las Vegas - you're transported into an alternate reality world like in an old Star Trek episode.  Whew! 

Highly recommended:  walk down Sunset Boulevard on a weekend.  It's straight out of the Mos Eisley bar scene from Star Wars.

We stayed at the same hotel as E.L.  It was Hubby's idea.  He, being an old P.R. guy from way back, said "More time for schmoozing."

Met E.L. in person for the first time when we were checking in.  He is a sweetie.  Gave me a big hug.

We had cocktails that night at the hotel on the Veranda.  Met several other seminar attendees involved in an indie screenplay and they were just a hoot.  So much fun to talk to.  Met the gorgeous Raven in person for the first time.  Amazing woman. 

Annnd...met The Director.

E.L. had spoken with The Director about my screenplay.  The Director was very, very interested.
He is not only a Director, but an Actor and a Philanthropist.  And about 7 feet tall.  Was in a Terminator movie.  Played a Bad Guy.  And looked the part, believe me. 

Then The Director walked up to me and engulfed my hand with both of his big paws.  "God bless you," he said.  Another sweetie! 

"I look forward to working with you," he said. 

Gulp.

No comments:

Post a Comment