Wednesday, June 1, 2011

B.C. Flightlines and Soaring Spirits

E.L. didn't even say hello - when I picked up the phone (after removing my rubber gloves from cleaning the toilet) he said, "You need to send me your screenplay.  And a check."

I took this as a Good Sign. 

Oh - and by the way - more Hollywood-speak:  A "Treatment" is a 2-to-3 page synopsis of a screenplay with all the significant plot points.

So in short order, a copy of Stubborn was winging its way, FedEx Overnight, to E.L.  With a big, fat check. 

Gulp.  Oh well, I've pissed away more money than that in one sitting.  Nearly.  Well, mostly nearly.  Well, almost mostly nearly...

Next day was Valentine's day and hubby treated me to Bootleg Canyon Flightlines, in Boulder City.  Isn't he a sweetie? 

Part of the BC Flightlines brochure says, "Do not bring along any loose articles such as sunglasses, hats, or cell phones because they can easily be dropped during your run down the flightline.  And they cannot be retrieved."  So I left my phone in the car.

Four hours later, when we returned, there were FOUR messages from E.L., all saying the same thing, "Call me!"

I did a quick calculation.  Hmmm, the FedEx delivery guaranteed arrival at E.L.'s office at 10AM.  Looking at my watch, he's had about 2 hours to read the screenplay and call me four times. 

I took this as another Good Sign.

No comments:

Post a Comment