Friday, July 22, 2011

Color Coordination With An Ambulatory Cast at the LV Film Festival




Hubby and I attended the LV film festival last weekend.  Notice the color-coordinated dress to with the ankle cast.  On the color-coordinated red carpet.  Can I plan, or what?

We attended a symposium of indie producers.  One of the questions from the audience was, "How do you get your screenplay into the hands of the right people?"  The answer:  Find out where they eat, or drink, or hang out and be there waiting with a copy of your screenplay.  In other words, stalk them.  Sounds a little creepy to me.  But I am considering it.

The other festival-attendees were interesting.  One particularly so.  He was the writer-director-producer-star of an indie called Oxy Morons.  True story about the W-D-P-S becoming addicted to Oxycontin so badly he was robbing drug stores.  Did hard time in the Big House.  His comments were so very inspirational - because they were sincere and came straight from the heart.  They moved me to tears.  I wish him the very best, he with his most definite Bah-stonian accent.  He deserves to succeed.

Tracking down a lead (not stalking, I swear) to a guy with a most definite "in."  More, later.

No comments:

Post a Comment