Wednesday, December 14, 2011

There is Nothing New Except a Shooting Star

Ecclesiastes:  (and forgive me if I misspelled it)  There Is Nothing New Under The Sun.  The sun goes around and it comes around.  It it all utter foolishness, all chasing the wind.  

I haven't updated this blog in a while because, There Is Nothing New Under The Sun.  Still slogging through re-writing and how many times do you want to read that trite phrase?  So I haven't written.

This morning I was thinking of the musings of Solomon in Ecclesiastes.  But riding in the clapped-out derelict school bus that is relegated to taking the pump station personnel to and from work, this morning, this morning I saw a shooting star.  At oh-my-god-it's-early-thirty.

Of course it's pitch black dark in Prudhoe Bay now for about 23 out of 24 hours so a pitch black dark sky is the norm.  But not a shooting star.  I heard words that were mine:  Oh wow.  Wow.  Didja see that?  No one else did.  Someone said, "Well, you gotta make a wish!  You gotta make a wish on a falling star!"

Cripes, have I become that far removed from childhood that I'd forgotten that set-in-stone LAW?

Evidently.

So wish I did.  We will see if it comes true.

1 comment:

  1. I cried when I read your post. Keep working at it and you will get your wish.

    ReplyDelete