Sunday, October 30, 2011

Back to Work, and Back to Stubborn

It has been four months since I have been at my job in Alaska.  As you know, I have been sidelined with a horrendous broken ankle.  But - I have been released to return to my job in balmy Prudhoe Bay and will be returning on Wednesday. *sigh*

Well, it is a good thing on many levels.  Being off work for so long gets me to feeling uneasy, especially in this uncertain economy.  And, it's a cherry gig.  So that is one check-off in the plus column.  Another thing, I can actually concentrate enough to write, edit, and revise Stubborn.  Because there's not another damn thing to do up there after hours.  Another check-off.  I look forward to completing my revision in the upcoming two weeks on-shift.

Hard pressed to come up with a third.  I noticed the airfare up there and back has increased by $250 since the last time I purchased a ticket.  Damn!  But there's this silly little thing:  to continue getting envelopes with windows in them I must return to work.  Silly little niggling thing.  Off I go.

Oh - here's the first scene of Stubborn sans dialogue for your review:

No comments:

Post a Comment