Monday, November 21, 2011

A One-Take Wonder

Today hubby & I went to a studio to record a voice-over for Act I, Scene I, of Stubborn.  *false modesty* I nailed it in one take.  And sounded Fab-u-lous.  Hah!  I just may quit my day job...yeah right.  I'll quit my day job when Stubborn hits the theaters...

Read an interesting treatise on the way home from Prudhoe Bay, called Tales from the Script.  It is a compilation of interviews of successful screenwriters.  And according to Tales, screenwriters are the original red-headed stepchildren of the Entertainment Industry.  There were common threads in all of the interviews, namely:


  • It's tough to get a screenplay turned into a movie, really tough (really? Gosh!);
  • Dumb luck and coincidence are a screenwriter's best friends; and
  • It's possible to be luckier if you have faith in yourself.
Reminds me of a John Wayne adage I read once:

Life is hard.

But it's harder if you're stupid.

When I get my video back from the studio, faithful reader, I'll post it on my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment