Sunday, November 6, 2011

Thawing Out in the Midst of Icebergs

Hurrah!  The writer's block has unfrozen.  Who woulda thought it'd take me returning to The Land of Frozen Sewers to get un-tube-blocked?  Two scenes have been successfully edited just today!  Goal:  get this edit completed and get Stubborn in the Right Hands by the end of this year.  We will see.

Reading last Sunday's post I was struck by the self-pitying misery.  Faithful reader, why didn't you reach through my monitor and smack me in the back of my head? 

Hubby circumvented Tuesday's pre-Wednesday travel moping misery by taking me to an indoor go-cart race track.  For grown people.  Heck, these carts were nothing like I remembered as a little kid, scrawny things with lawnmower engines.  No - hell for stout with seriously amped-up engines that went real fast around a LeMans-style track.  Zoom!


What great fun!  Until the next morning.  Cripes, it felt like we'd been in a mondo rock-tumbling machine.  We had bruises all over and sore in places where we didn't know we had places.  Oh well, that's why God made ibuprofen.

Go Speed Racer, Go!

No comments:

Post a Comment