Monday, August 22, 2011

A Boat Anchor

Faithful reader - this muse has not much to do with my screenplay saga.

Rather - it has a lot to do with incapacitation.   (Hope that's a word.)

Long ago, living with my grandmother, she had it in her head that one of our horses was harassing her cattle.  Hence, she had a chain strung on the poor horse's neck and affixed to it was a long metal pole.  Her rationale was that he would not harass the cattle with this chain dragging a pole attached to his neck.

It was a stupid rationale.  But I was a little girl and as such had little power to change the poor horse's fate.

But the horse survived.  After a few months my grandmother deemed the miscreant horse 'cured' and she removed his cruel fetters.  He was a good horse.  He survived worse under my grandmother's hand.

So - what has this to do with Stubborn?

You make the call.

No comments:

Post a Comment