Sunday, August 28, 2011

Two Cool Things

The first Cool Thing:  had to take the little MacBook in to the Genius Bar on Friday because I am not.  A genius, that is.  Waiting for a resident Genius, I was chatting with one of the help staff.  Turns out, she's an aspiring movie trailer writer/producer in a NY film school and is taking a break for the summer.  I told her the plot line of Stubborn and she loved it.  I mentioned I wanted Willow Smith attached as the lead and she suggested someone else in case Willow was a non-player:  China McClain, who is in a Disney show called Ant Farm.  Looked her up, cripes!  She would be fabulous as well.  Plus - she already has a contract with Disney, obviously, and this is very obviously a Disney movie.

Cool.

The second Cool Thing:  Hubby and I had dinner last night at Piero's, an Old Vegas Mob eatery that is Cool in itself, with an ex-colleague of Hubby's that is now a Newspaper Editor.  The conversation rolled around to Famous People we've met.  Editor won hands-down:  he interviewed Captain Picard last month; has his e-mail address and phone number, and (gasp!) is very certain CP will be here for a Las Vegas adaptation of Shakespeare's The Merchant of Venice.  He then went on to assure me that he would be throwing a party for the production and we will be invited.  I would be introduced.   Introduced!  (double-triple-gasp!)

To.

Captain.

Picard.

Way Cool.


1 comment:

  1. OMG! THE Captain Picard? Wow. Your hubby must have some serious connections.

    I stand in awe of someone who knows someone with the email address of Captain Picard.

    ReplyDelete