Sunday, August 21, 2011

The Muse (Mostly) Returns!

I dunno, there's something about the atmosphere in L.A.  that works magic on a tube-blocked aspiring screenwriter.  Waiting in the doctor's lobby while hubby was having a minor procedure done, trusty laptop in my lap,  I managed to cut through the layers of self-doubt and cold fear and have started revising Stubborn.

This has never happened to me before - being too paralyzed to move.  What's up with that?

But we move on.  And I am.

For anyone who has never been to L.A.,  I strongly recommend scheduling a visit.  It is like going to another planet.  Really.  Something about the vibe of the place is just startling and will make you catch your breath.

Back in Las Vegas now, broken ankle still in a cast, propped up on the ottoman.  This time next week I hope to report a lot of progress, faithful reader.  I've only revised four scenes so far.  But that's four more than I had last week.

Any progress is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment